Antique Murano Glass Button Ring
This Antique Murano Glass Button now adorns a sterling plated pewter ring size 7
~Murano Glass gets its name from the Murano Island, about one mile from Venice, Italy. This island became the home for glass making in the year 1291 when the furnaces were moved from Venice...some say the glass making furnaces were moved to protect Venice from possible fires, others say the move was to protect their glass making secrets!
*always remove antique button rings before entering water*
#tellanewstory Kate and Joseph Sperandio visited Venice in 1884 to purchase authentic Murano Glass buttons for their haberdashery store in Edwardsville, Illinois. Kate chose these specific buttons as they reminded her of her granddaughter, Sunnie Belle.